Writing a Proper Resume
Everything you need to know about preparing your cover letter and resume.
This course is an interview with Charlotte Weeks, a Certified Professional Resume Writer and Owner of Weeks Career Services. I've broken the interview into two 30-minute lessons, so listen to each at your leisure. The questions answered during the interview include:
- Why writing a clear, focused resume is so improtant.
- How a resume differes from a CV.
- The importance of a cover letter and what should be in it.
- Deciding where to send the resume.
- The basic components of a proper resume that will likely be reviewed completely.
- The basic structure of the ideal resume.
- What to include and to leave out.
- The appropriate length of a resume.
- Examples of material to incude in each section, and what to leave out.
- How personalized should the cover letter and resume be?
- How to use LinkedIn when creating and sharing your resume.
Family physician, medical director, hospital CMO, entrepreneur, speaker and host of Physician Nonclinical Careers Podcast, John has interviewed and collaborated with physicians in dozens of nonclinical careers and side-gigs.
He mentors physicians who wish to pursue careers that enable them work in their "Zone of Genius."
John has spent years interviewing physician coaches and doctors who have successfully transitioned to fulfilling unconventional careers - both nonclinical and nontraditional clinical careers.
He is a sought-after podcast guest, and speaker for national conferences addressing career transition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Be sure to download the sample Resume Template if you need a starting point for your resume. And contact our guest, Charlotte Weeks, at Weeks Career Services, if you need coaching or help crafting your resume and cover letter.