Medical Science Liaison - The Complete Course
Here's the smart way to do it (even if you never completed a residency training program)...
Do you feel the need to leave medicine? Have the long hours, lack of autonomy, frustrating EMR, and constant threat of being sued finally driven you to try something different?
If so, you've joined thousands of other physicians who simply want to apply their medical training and experience in a new way, a way that helps patients while offering a better work-life balance.
There are literally hundreds of formal careers, and thousands of jobs, available for you to consider. One of the fastest growing and most attractive nonclinical careers for physicians is that of Medical Science Liaison. It's a great opportunity in the pharmaceutical industry.
The MSL role is a consultative and educational one - bringing information on new drugs and therapeutic classes to leading physicians and bringing back information to the employer. It is NOT a sales position.
Why is it so popular? There are several reasons:
- It utilizes your skills and medical knowledge;
- There is no special background or training needed - that is provided by your new employer once you are hired;
- It pays well, especially considering that there is no call, no medical liability, and the hours are much less than the typical clinical job;
- The demand is high and ongoing;
- It enables you to have a positive impact on patient care, indirectly;
- There are many opportunities for advancement and lateral moves to better paying positions.
It is one of the few careers that is open to those who have not completed a residency. Yet, it is also a fantastic option for clinically experienced, board certified physicians. The job requires you to understand pharmaceutical research, and communicate effectively with key opinion leaders and influencers who may be studying or prescribing the medications in your portfolio.
This course is designed to take the novice through a process of discovery, followed by tactical steps that will end with the student landing their first job as an MSL.
By following the coaching, advice and educational content included in this course, physician students will:
- understand the role of the MSL,
- identify previous experiences that demonstrate necessary skills to recruiters and employers,
- network and identify mentors,
- prepare a cover letter and resume,
- perform well during the interview process, and,
- land their first MSL job.
This is an excellent entry into the lucrative pharmaceutical industry. And it's open to licensed and unlicensed physicians holding an MD, DO, or equivalent degree.
While we cannot guarantee an MSL job for every student completing the course, it will certainly help to accelerate the process if the steps outlined are implemented.
And the cost is a fraction of the cost of live courses currently being promoted.
If you're not satisified, we provide an unconditional money-back guarantee if requested within 30 days of your purchase.
As an expert in nonclinical careers, and one who has personally worked in several of them, John is able to provide this broad overview of the universe of careers and side-jobs available to physicians seeking to pivot in their professional lives. He also draws from over 100 interviews he has completed for the Physician Nonclinical Careers Podcast in creating this course.
Frequently Asked Questions
Don't wait. If you're anxious to take your first step to a this popular new career, register now. Pricing is aggressive, and will never be lower. Call me at 815-263-3486 if you have any questions about the course that are holding you back from make this potentially life-changing decision!